Terms and Conditions
- Every participant in this competition must be a senior high school student or university student.
- The committee of ALSA E-Comp 2020 will not provide a refund for those who are disqualified or quit for any reason.
- The committee is entitled to unilaterally cancel a competition if the number of participants does not reach the minimum quota as determined by the committee. The minimum quota for each competition:
- Debate : 25 teams.
- Social, Humanitarian and Cultural Committee : 25 delegates.
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC): 25 delegates.
- United Nations Security Council (UNSC) : 15 delegates.
- Newscasting : 20 participants.
- Paper Presentation : 15 participants.
- Speech : 25 participants.
- Spelling Bee : 20 participants.
- Storytelling : 20 participants.
- Every participant who has registered online MUST re-register themselves and attend the Technical Meeting on Thursday, October 9th, 2020. Participants who failed to follow this rule will be disqualified. There will be an exception only for those who are not able to come on the re-registration day by sending their permission for an absence to the committee beforehand through Amanda (089621988105/ LINE ID: amandaaurelie) for senior high school students or Mellynda (082274921105/ LINE ID: mellynda12) for varsity students. The permission for absence must be due to personal emergencies or reasons for which the committee found acceptable and it must be done maximum 1 (one) day before the re-registration day.
- The participants who have been registered online can be replaced with a new participant before Thursday, September 24th, 2020 or precisely 7 (seven) days after the registration ends by sending the request of replacement to ALSA E-Comp 2020. Registration’s e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the following format subject: Replacement_(Competition Type)_(Institution) and the following format body mail:
- Competition Type:
- Institution :
- Name of Original Participant :
- Name of Replacement Participant :
- Name for Certificate (20 characters tops including punctuation marks) :
- After Thursday, September 24th, 2020 replacement of participants is not allowed and will result in disqualification.
- The names registered on the website or the name of the replacement participant registered on the ALSA E-Comp 2020 Registration’s e-mail will be the names printed on the certificates with the limit of 20 characters for each name. The committee is not responsible for mistakes and misspelling made by the participant in the registration form.
- Every rule must be followed. Disqualification for any participant who violates the rule will be under the discretion of the committee to decide unilaterally.
- The certificate of participation for every participant will be sent through e-mail in the form of an e-certificate. The committee will ONLY send the certificate for the participants whose names are on the attendance list of the closing ceremony on Monday, October 12th, 2020.
- The trophy for the winners will be sent to the winners’ address via shipment. The shipping cost will be borne by the winners. The prize will be transferred to the winners’ bank account.
- Every participant or representative MUST attend the Technical Meeting on Friday, October 9th, 2020.
- The Technical Meeting will be the platform for discussion about the rules to which the competition will be based upon.
- The committee holds the ultimate control towards deciding whether a rule needs to be changed or not.
- Results of the Technical Meeting are considered accepted and legitimate by the participants and no objection later will be accepted by the committee.
- The participant and/or representative who are not able to attend the Technical Meeting due to personal emergencies or for any reason will be considered in favor with all the results of the Technical Meeting’s discussion, no objection will be accepted by the committee.
To be eligible to compete, competing individual must:
- Be enrolled legitimately in a Senior High School or a University by showing the committee a legitimate Student Identity Card at the time of re-registration.
- Have completed the payment of the registration fee and was successfully registered as a participant.
- Note all relevant dates regarding the competition as mentioned in the RELEVANT DATES section.
- Maintain eligibility at all rounds of the competition. The participant will be disqualified if discovered ineligible to compete in any round.
- Each participant must be present to compete and cannot be represented by anything else other than themselves.
- The participants must keep their appearance neat and clean.
- Senior High School students are required to wear their school uniform unless stated otherwise in the specific rules and regulations for every competition and/or explained and allowed by the committee.
- Varsity students are required to wear a collared shirt, with their respective university jacket unless stated otherwise in the specific rules and regulations for every competition or explained and allowed by the committee.
Rules of the Competition
- The competition will be held online via Zoom App, therefore participants should make sure that the supporting equipment and devices are available (Laptop/PC with a functioning camera and speaker, microphone, and internet connection). The equipment needed will not be provided by the committee. With that, participants should provide them independently.
- During the competition, the committee will mute the microphone of all the participants. Participants are only allowed to unmute the microphone when performing and talking.
- Participants should change their name on the Zoom Meeting into (Name)_(Type of Competition)_(Institution). (e.g. Grace_Speech_UI)
- To make sure all participants are audible before the competitions start, there will be a microphone checking session.
- If the participants are caught cheating, the committee is entitled to unilaterally decide to disqualify participants from the competition.
- During the competitions, the registered participants cannot be represented by anyone else, or otherwise will be disqualified.
- All participants should respect and appreciate every judgement from the judges.
- The judges’ decisions are final and there is no correspondence pertaining to the judging process will be reconsidered.
- When the participants make mistakes when performing, the committee does not compromise and/or allow any pauses of duration nor provide any restart for the participants.
- If there are technical difficulties (such as any errors in microphones/speakers or troubled internet connection) or should any problems arise during the performance of the participants, to which is no fault of the participants, then the committee might allow a restart with the discretion of the committee with the approval of the judges.
- Every participant should be present punctually, at least 15 (fifteen) minutes before the competition starts. We do not compromise any tardiness. If the participant is late to be present, then the committee will decide unilaterally to either postpone the performance or disqualify the participants from the competition.
Registration Terms and Conditions
- Fill in the registration form and submit it through this website.
- You will receive the confirmation email from us, if you don’t receive it within 1 x 24 hours please contact us through email and/or our contact persons.
- If you have received our email, you have to pay based on the competition you have chosen. Payment must be made within 2 x 24 hours after you have received our confirmation email otherwise your registration will be canceled.
- Please make your payment to BCA Bank, Account Number ‘7510635986’ on behalf of ‘Alyssa Salsabila’
- Send your payment receipt (jpg. format) to:
Subject: PAYMENT CONFIRMATION OF REGISTRATION ALSA E-COMP 2020
- Participant’s Name :
- Institution :
- Competition Type :
- Bank :
- Account Number :
- Amount :
- After you receive a reply stating that your registration is successful, your registration is completed.