What is ALSA E-Comp?
- ALSA E-Comp is a competition which uses English as its language of instruction, targeted for senior high school and university students. Since the first ALSA E-Comp in 1995, numerous senior high school and university students from all over Indonesia had continually participated in this event, thus nationally ALSA E-Comp had successfully proved its prominent existence for 24 years, with the previous total number of competition participants reaching 797 (seven hundred and ninety-seven) people.
Why ALSA E-Comp?
- ALSA E-Comp is one of the biggest and longest running National English Competition in Indonesia, you will meet and compete with senior high school or university students coming from various backgrounds coming across the country. Get to experience the thrill of the competition and get to know first-hand experience of what it feels like to be in one of the oldest ALSA National English Competition.
When and where will the competition be held?
- Fakultas Hukum Universitas Indonesia on Thursday, April 4th, 2019 until Tuesday, April 9
What are the competitions available?
- This year’s competition consists of 8 sub-competitions which are Debate, E-Comp Model United Nations (E-MUN), Battle of Brains, Newscasting, Paper Presentation, Speech, Spelling Bee and Storytelling.
Who can be the participant?
- Every participant in this competition must be a senior high school student or university student. Each institution within the participating high school or university can be represented by maximum of 3 (three) teams, with the third team being put on the waiting list.
Is it possible to have refund?
- The committee of ALSA E-Comp 2019 will not provide refund for those who are disqualified or quit for any reason.
What to do if participants can’t re-register themselves and attend the Technical Meeting on Thursday, April 4th, 2019?
- Participants who failed to follow this rule will be disqualified. There will be an exception only for those who are not able to come on the re-registration day by sending their permission for absence to the committee beforehand through Anzalta (081288102232 / LINE ID: anzaltata) for senior high school students or Vanya (08176062314 / LINE ID: vanyarisha) for varsity students. The permission for absence must be due to personal urgencies or reasons of which the committee found acceptable and it must be done maximum 1 (one) day before the re-registration day.
Can participants be replaced?
- The participants who have been registered online can be replaced with a new participant before Monday, March 18th, 2019 or precisely 7 (seven) days after the registration ends by sending the request of replacement to ALSA E-Comp 2019 Registration’s e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the following format subject: Replacement_(Competition Type)_(Institution) and the following format body mail:
- Competition Type :
- Institution :
- Name of Original Participant :
- Name of Replacement Participant :
- Name for Certificate (20 characters tops including punctuation marks) :
- Reason :
- The participant is required to attach any kind of related document that supports the participant’s reason (e.g. signed medical permit from hospital). If the committee finds the reason as an acceptable reason, then the committee will send the approval of replacement request to the participant’s e-mail address. After Monday, March 18th, 2019 replacement of participants are not allowed and will result in disqualification.